Destination Sports, an experienced and licensed outfitter with Utah State Parks, is offering the Best Day Camp ever with our highly interactive “Life on the Weber River” program for youth ages 7 – 11, and ages 12 - 14!
The Weber River is a corner stone of life in Utah. This adventure day camp will serve as an exciting introduction to river rafting, and will provide a comprehensive understanding of the importance of the many facets of the Weber River, including the geology, ecology, and sociology that surrounds it.
COST: $400 for 4 fun-filled days of adventure and learning in nature, away from the hustle and bustle of normal city life.
WHAT'S INCLUDED: Expert licensed guides and instructors, raft, paddle, PFD (life jacket), and van transportation to activities within the camp itinerary.
Water, snacks, sodas, and sack lunch or sandwich buffet will be served each day. Allergies and special requests can be accommodated with advance notice.
WHEN: Each camp session lasts 4 days, Monday through Thursday.
Choose from the following sessions:
First session: Monday June 17th through Thursday June 20th.
Second session: Monday June 24th through Thursday June 27th.
TIME: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm each day at our Base Camp in Henefer.
*Round-trip transportation is available from the Summit County Library at Kimball Junction at 1885 W. Ute Blvd in Park City for $10 per day. Shuttle bus leaves at 8:00 am and will be back to meet parents at 4:00 pm each day.
**Round-trip transportation may also be available from Morgan, Ogden, or Coalville areas. Please contact us for details.
DAY CAMP ACTIVITIES LOCATIONS: Destination Sports' private properties in Echo and Henefer, public access historical markers, trails and roads around Echo, Henefer, Morgan, East Canyon, and Jeremy Ranch Road areas, and floating on the Weber River from Echo to Morgan.
Day Camp Itinerary
- Nature Hike along the banks of the Weber River and up to a vista with bird’s eye views of Echo Reservoir, Echo Canyon, and Weber Canyon, in all directions.
- Half-day of easy introductory river rafting through Henefer valley.
- Topics of learning will include geology, river ecology, birding, and native flora.
- Fishing and Fish Habitat.
- Half-day of river rafting from Henefer to Taggart.
- People history of Echo Canyon and Henefer Valley, including Mormon Pioneer Trail, Pony Express Trail and California Trail, with auto tour and short hikes to historical markers and places of interest.
- Half-day of river rafting from Taggart to Morgan.
- Junior River Guide Training with a full-day rafting trip from Echo to Taggart.
**Come prepared to have fun and AVOID SUNBURN!**
BRING A BACKPACK WITH THESE ESSENTIALS:
- Sunscreen (better yet, cover up with lightweight long sleeves and long pants or capris)
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Quick dry clothes and/or change of clothes
- Rain jacket on rainy days
- Fleece or jacket and warm clothes on cool days
- Any necessary medications
- Water sandals and comfortable hiking shoes with socks. Something like Keen closed toe sandals (recommended), or old tennis shoes are acceptable for all activities. Your feet will get dirty and wet.